- This material is made with shaped chunks of coloured glitter cast in clear acrylic.
- Manufactured in the USA.
- Creates a deep and sparkly appearance that is similar front and back.
- Maximum usable area: 595mm x 295mm.
- Maximum sheet size: Approx. 600mm x 300mm.
- Price Range: $$$$ Premium.
- Thickness: 3mm - 4mm (typically 3.4mm, but does vary).
- Finish: Double sided. Gloss on both sides.
Good to Know
SparsenessThe glitter density varies vastly from sheet-to-sheet; sometimes it is very dense, other times it can be sparse and have larger clear spots. If this causes you discomfort (such as you don't want to risk seeing glue piece through the material), Shards Acrylic can be a really good alternative option.
Varying ThicknessThe thickness can vary. It's ordered as '3mm', but it typically measures 3.2mm actual. It's not uncommon for the 'denser' mixes (like Kaleidoscope) to be up to 4mm.
'Pits'It's common for the surface to have imperfections called 'pits'. They're typically only visible when the finish of the material is captured in the light. It can look like a small indent in the gloss finish.
Air bubblesIt's common for the surface to have imperfections called 'pits'. They're typically only visible when the finish of the material is captured in the light. It can look like a small indent in the gloss finish.
Air BubblesAir bubbles can be within and on the surface, which means some edges or surfaces may have bubble holes and/or be not completely smooth on the surface.
Very Black ChunkyThis material was an attempt at the black chunky of our dreams, BUT alas: it is VERY densely filled with black glitter. Because of this, it does not reflect much light, so looks almost completely black (with the odd little speck of light reflection). It also has a lot of pits on the surface and the odd scratch. We consider this seconds stock and have priced it accordingly (45% off).
Kaleidoscope ChunkyThis material has qualities of a handmade product, so colour ratio and tone of the glitter can vary between stock, and from sheet to sheet. Some will have darker areas, and some will be more colourful, or have a larger concentration of a certain colour.
- Ideal for plain (no engraving), simple shapes where the design emphasises the material e.g. circles, hearts, droplets.
- Ideal for hanging pieces so that any clear spots don't create visible glue issues.
- Can look stunning when used in combination with solid acrylic as a 'highlight' in multi-piece designs.
- We've seen some really stunning applications where this material was used layered between other colours (so the edge was used as the 'front').
- Cuts well and leaves a clean, smooth edge line that typically shows the glitter core colour on the sides.
- Engraves well and can hold fine details (engraved areas typically have a frosted white appearance). Engraving looks most effective on darker colours (so that it will show contrast), or when used for paint filling.
- Comes with a protective tape coating that will need to be peeled off.
- It is difficult to capture colour correctly; allow for slight variation from monitor to reality.